Military Field Representative Coordinator
Post University is growing! We are seeking a Military Field Representative Coordinator to join our online Accelerated Degree team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through education?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving organization?
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight talk,
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions, and
- who take on complex challenges with a ‘we will overcome this’ attitude!
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be part of a team – willing to work toward the team’s priorities, not your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our mission…. then we’re interested in you!
A Post University Military Field Representative Coordinator (in our Accelerated Degree Program) acts as a liaison between Admissions, Retention, Academic Affairs and the Registrar. A Military Field Representative Coordinator furthers Post’s initiative to serve the greater Waterbury area by providing hybrid courses that supports students through their first exposure to the online learning thereby increasing student comfort and commitment to their education in a community that fosters their educational needs. A Military Field Representative Coordinator also supports students through classes that ultimately tie students to the Post University community, and allows students to gradually move from a traditional learning setting into the online learning space while growing and developing Post University population of hybrid students. Candidates should be intrinsically motivated, student focused, and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment. The individual should possess excellent phone and time management skills to succeed in this metrics-driven setting.
- Create and maintain the hybrid schedule from Term to Term through working with Program Chairs and Degree Progress Audit
- Work with the Registrar’s office to build and assign classrooms for each class; confirm site enrollment and location of classes with students
- Create a system to effectively distribute and receive immunization forms
- Meet with the Admissions team on a bi-weekly basis to get updates on the progress of new site students
- Take care of any facilities issues on main campus when needed
- Visit classrooms during courses to conduct site visits and have an on campus advising appointment every other Term with each site student to go over their degree plan and register for future courses
- Work with a caseload of site students (any active site student, i.e. has taken more than 2 site classes)
- Create and run an orientation for all new site students
- Create quarterly surveys to present to site students to get feedback on the program
- Work to establish additional site locations throughout CT and grow overall enrollment in the program
- Track and measure metrics for the site program
- Develop additional degrees to be fully available on site
- Ensure that course selection is in line with the approved degree plan.
- Work collaboratively with the Financial Aid, Office of Student Information, Registrar and other departments to assist students with their financing and advising needs.
- Participate in student registration and development activities designed to promote student awareness, retention and success.
- Work with academic advising and faculty to identify students who are having academic problems and strive to overcome these issues to promote student success and retention; coordinate discipline issues with student services.
- Ability to use and quickly learn existing and new technologies, including but not limited to Blackboard, social media, CRM, Microsoft Office Products, Campus Nexus, True Dialog, HelloSign etc.
- Understand all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and laws regarding higher education enrollment.
- Foster the University culture to Make It Personal by working cross-functionally across the University and enhancing the culture of collaboration and respect among all Faculty, Associates, and Students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Veteran/Military experience preferred, as well as knowledge of Military education programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in higher education admissions and/or recruiting experience with a consultative sales approach is desired.
- Ability to maintain relationships with vendors, site providers, students, faculty and internal university support departments
- Energetic and goal-oriented; Strong interest in working in a fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Problem solver; is a solutions-oriented person.
- Must be detail oriented and hold customer service at a high premium.
- Enjoys working with and supporting adult students.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills; maintains a positive attitude.
- Superior relationship building skills with the ability to connect with students and colleagues required; must be able to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a dynamic phone presence required.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software are a must.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must possess the flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Must be available to work nights and weekend hours.
- Works well in a team environment; enjoys working as a contributing member of the Military Team
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in an over 129-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management