Program Chair – Applied Mathematics and Data Science
Post University is seeking a Program Chair of Applied Mathematics and Data Science to join our passionate team of faculty.
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Program Chair (PC) of Applied Mathematics and Data Science (AMDS) is a full-time faculty member who serves as the administrator for the degree program. This position’s key functions are supporting program rigor, academic excellence and student success through curriculum design, course quality, assessment of student learning outcomes, and teaching. Program Chairs are accountable for program student retention and demonstrating the University’s core values of CARE (Connect, Assess, Resolve, Excite). The PC will collaborate with Instructional Design to ensure that courses are properly designed, contain current and engaging content, and are properly released each term. This is a 12-month position that will be remote friendly for 2021.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree or terminal degree (preferred) in mathematics, data science, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience at the college/university level beyond teaching assistant level.
- Desire and ability to grow a program of study with innovative curriculum.
- Must be adept in the use and applications of instructional technology; experience teaching online.
- Passion for education and genuine interest in leading others and having the ability to deploy resources efficiently and effectively.
- Creative and interested in providing an outstanding learning experience for students; a clear student-focused approach.
- Experience using assessments to improve teaching or programs is a plus.
- Ability to perform scholarly activities appropriate for a teaching institution.
- Ability to accept and render constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and collaboratively in teams required.
- Must be a team-focused leader with a positive attitude.
- Ability to shape the future of a regionally accredited career-focused educational institution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) software programs, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively are required
- Manage all processes in the degree program.
- Manages the Associate Faculty pool including but not limited to hiring, mentoring, monitoring, evaluating, and disciplining to ensure quality delivery of all courses.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the curricula; facilitates and monitors practice experience activities.
- Assess student learning outcomes for continuous improvement of the program
- In collaboration with the Dean and Assistant Dean, prepares reports required by State and Federal government and regulatory agencies.
- In consultation with the Dean and Assistant Dean, supplies the supporting offices with necessary information vital for the program’s maintenance and development such as marketing, admissions, financial aid, and the office of student information and records.
- Maintains general knowledge of degree requirements, and program and course transfer information.
- Works collaboratively with Main Campus Advising and Academic Success Counselors (ASCs) to advise and provide support and mentoring to students in order to ensure personal goals and academic requirements are met.
- Continuously searches for new and innovative ways to improve quality of AMDS academic offerings.
- Provides financial oversight and reviews budgets specifically related to the AMDS degree program and relevant course offerings.
- Participates in University governance activities.
- Assist with addressing and resolving grade appeals, grievances, or other administrative matters as warranted.
Course and Curriculum Development:
- Develops curricula in consultation with the Dean and Assistant Dean to achieve the mission, goals and expected program outcomes.
- Ensures curricula is developed, implemented and revised to reflect relevant professional standards.
- Updates and revises course content and teaching methodology to ensure currency and relevance.
- Actively seeks ways to improve instruction and content quality.
- Maintains familiarity with current texts, electronic course materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Dean and Assistant Dean and with annual board meetings as needed.
- The Program Chair will be expected to teach 6-8 courses within a calendar year. However, the teaching load may vary based on the level of activity in other areas of responsibility, and the Dean may approve a different teaching load at the recommendation of the Assistant Dean.
- Participate in at least two university committees or as otherwise determined by the Assistant Dean and Dean in the School of Arts & Sciences
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean in the School of Arts & Sciences, the Dean, or the office of Academic Affairs.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management