Program Chair – Business Administration
Post University is seeking a Program Chair – Business Administration to join our team.
POST UNIVERSITY’S STORY:
Post University is a world class, non-traditional learning institution with over 100 years’ rich tradition in making career goals and aspirations become a reality for countless students from across the United States and over 40 different countries. Our growth history is based on retaining passionate professionals who treat students and each other with amazing service. Our business model is simple – “We Make It Personal!”, “We CARE!”
The Post success story is based on our daily journey wherein each associate lives, thinks and behaves “outside the box” of traditional solutions or cultures. Post University is a family of the best and brightest trail blazers, inspired by our routine way of life – bold, disruptive, and fun! We are singularly focused difference-makers in the classroom, in the communities we serve, and the non-profit charities we support!
The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business at Post University is seeking a Program Chair to join our School and lead the Bachelor of Science in Business administration program. The individual will be required to perform three essential School functions: student retention, program management, and teaching. There will also be other responsibilities as outlined by the Dean, or Assistant Dean, but these are the three key areas of the position. The Business Administration Program Chair is a full-time position within the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business that has full management oversight of the Business Administration Degree program, including student advising and retention.
Committed to a students’ first philosophy, the Program Chair must be able to assist in the development and execution of the strategic plan for the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business and live our mission to maximize student success. This is NOT a remote position*.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ideal candidate will possess:
- MBA (or Masters in a business discipline) required
- At least 10 years of experience working in General Management.
- At least 5 years of experience teaching in the traditional classroom and online using Blackboard or similar programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative reasoning skills.
- The ability to perform scholarly activities as appropriate when warranted or requested.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, well organized, and a team player in a fast-paced work environment.
- D. (preferably in a Business Discipline) with an MBA or Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Preference will be given to a candidate who has earned a degree online from a regionally accredited University
- Proven track record of success engaging students at Post University
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
General Academic Program Requirements:
- Teach 6-8 courses per academic year or as otherwise determined by the Director of Undergraduate Programs or Dean of the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business.
- Participate in at least two university committees or as otherwise determined by the Director of Undergraduate Programs or Dean of the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business.
- This position reports directly to the Assistant Dean – Undergraduate within the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business.
- Work with a team of Program Chairs and university staff to maintain and develop the program and curricula.
- Work with Dean, Assistant Dean, Program Chairs, and University staff to increase retention and graduate rates of the Business Administration undergraduate program.
- Developing academic concentrations, courses and/or programs and/or overseeing their development by outside parties as requested by the School.
- Using Blackboard to develop and deliver online and hybrid courses
- Maintaining the online and hybrid courses under his/her supervision
- Participate in the hiring, training, and supervision of adjunct (associate) faculty.
- Assist Associate Faculty, students, and other university staff with questions or concerns about the curriculum and program.
- Assign instructors to, and monitor their performance in, online and hybrid courses each term/semester.
- Participate in various university committees as a member of the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business and as a Program Chair.
- Assist with addressing and resolving grade appeals, grievances, or other administrative matters as warranted.
- Assist in the effort to grow enrollment in the program through high school, community college, local business and professional organization visits. The Program Chair will also assist in ensuring admission reps and advisors are familiar with the Business Administration program.
- Assist in the effort to retain students in the program and increase graduation rate in the program. This will require an understanding of University Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policies, creating an engaging classroom environment, treating each learner as an individual with individual needs, Associate Faculty expectations, etc.
- Attend various university functions as a representative of the program and the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business (e.g., graduation ceremony, “open house” recruitment events, etc.).
- Organize and participate in various administrative functions as indicated by the School (e.g., building and maintaining program advisory boards, program evaluation initiatives, accreditation, etc.).
- Advise undergraduate Business Administration students in matters of matriculation, career, internships, and graduation.
- Serve as an ambassador for the discipline, the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business, and Post University
- Other projects and/or administrative duties as determined by the Assistant Dean and/or Dean
The Malcolm Baldrige school of Business at Post University seeks Scholarly Practitioners for all faculty positions, which means we seek individuals with Terminal Degrees (whenever possible), and with 10 years or more of experience in the field of study. In addition, we prefer to hire individuals who have proven track records in teaching (preferred online and on-ground) and learning.
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 130-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Associate Experience.
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that employs in compliance with all applicable laws. We do not discriminate because of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, handicap or other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and job interview process should notify the Director of Associate Experience, Post University.
"Post University a great place for great minds to develop their careers, no matter what role you fulfill."
Donna, Post Employee for 25 years
You really build a strong relationship with each student, and their success becomes your success."
Caitlin, Academic Success Counselor
The work environment at Post is extremely positive and happy, and you have the opportunity to connect with your employees."
Gina, Post Management