Career planning is a process that begins when you enter college and continues throughout your life.
If you are a freshman, it is normal not to know what you want to do for a career. The good news is that our Center for Career and Professional Development at Post is ready to help you.
If you are an upperclassman, perhaps you are thinking about graduate school. Or if you are a Post University Alum thinking that you need a career change but don’t know where to start. Our Center for Career and Professional Development at Post is ready to help you too!
The staff in the Center for Career and Professional Development will inspire, guide, prepare, and educate current students as well as alumni on all things related to your career development.
During the Week of November 16, the Center is hosting a series of events to help you map the key steps of your professional future.
- Monday, Nov 16 — Building Your Resume – 6 p.m.
- Your resume is your first impression to a prospective employer. Therefore, it needs to be well-written, factual, and relevant to the position. Let CCPD guide you in creating your resume that will help get you an interview. RSVP with Program Name & Your Name to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, Nov 17 – Writing your Graduate School Admissions Essay – 6 p.m.
- The admissions essay is one of the important documents in the Graduate School application process. It can make or break your application. Josh Novo from the Center for Academic Success (CAS) will go over what you need to know and how to market the best “you.”
RSVP with Program Name & Your Name to: email@example.com
- Wednesday, Nov 18 – Webcam Etiquette 2:00 p.m.
- We will discuss backgrounds, appearance, and technical practices when joining a webinar, virtual interview, or meetings. RSVP with Program Name & Your Name to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, Nov 18 – The Art of the Interview – 6 p.m.
- Whether it’s for Graduate School or for that life-changing job, you need to be prepared to discuss why YOU are the right fit and why they should say, “yes.” The CCPD and CAS will go over everything that you need to know. RSVP with Program Name & Your Name to: email@example.com
- Thursday, November 19 –
- Internet Branding 10:30am
- We will discuss your internet presence, including what a prospective employer should see when searching your name, and how your internet presence can affect getting hired. RSVP with Program Name & Your Name to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speed Virtual Interviewing 2:00pm
Join the CCPD team with a round of questions to hear feedback on your answers and helpful tips to better yourself when the big interview comes. RSVP with Program Name & Your Name to email@example.com
- Internship Round Table with Kristen Gillespie and Kerry McLaughlin 6:00pm –
Get answer questions about internships and the importance of obtaining one in your college career. RSVP with Program Name & Your Name to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can attend one workshop or all of them. Let the staff at the Center for Career and Professional Development and Center for Academic Success provide you with the tools you need to move forward.