Active/Inactive Students
An Active student is a student who is enrolled in a course in the current semester or MOD. An Inactive student is a student who is not enrolled in the current semester or MOD. Upon enrolling in a course, an Inactive student will be considered Active.

Official Withdrawal (Withdrawal from University Initiated by Student)
A student wishing to Officially Withdraw from Post University must do so in writing by submitting the withdrawal request to the Office of the Registrar, and copying the Academic Advisor (MC) or Academic Success Counselor (ASC) or and Financial Aid Advisor. Should the student withdraw from the University prior to the end of a module or semester, the official transcript will reflect a “W” (withdrawal) grade for all attempted courses in that term.

A student who has Officially Withdrawn from the University and would like to be readmitted within one year should contact his/her Academic Advisor (MC) or Academic Success Counselor (ASC). After a period of one year from the Official Withdrawal date, the student will need to go through the Admissions process to be officially readmitted to the University (see Section 10.20)

Administrative Withdrawal (Inactive Student Status)
Inactive students (those not currently enrolled in a course) will be Administratively Withdrawn from the University. Administratively withdrawn students in satisfactory academic-and civic-standing are welcome to enroll in courses for a one-year period without going through the Admissions process. Post University’s Student Account’s Department reports Inactive students as Administratively Withdrawn from the University, for purposes of Title IV financial aid.

Withdrawal for Military Leave
Military students who have been activated or deployed with orders and are unable to continue their studies for an academic term (Semester or Module), must do the following:

  • Notify their Instructor(s), their Academic Advisor (MC) or Academic Success Counselor (ASC), and the Registrar’s Office that they have military orders that will prohibit them from continuing as a student in the current academic term.

  • Provide the Registrar’s Office with a copy of their military orders or other documentation that demonstrates a need to withdraw from the current academic term to meet the military needs of their branch of the service.

Students who meet the criteria listed above are eligible for the following:

  • If the request for withdrawal is during the first half of the Module/Semester, students will receive no grade for the courses in which they are enrolled, no course credit shall be awarded, and the term shall not be counted toward in the Pace of Completion for Satisfactory Academic Progress.  A full refund of tuition and/or room and board will be granted.

  • If the request for withdrawal is after the first half of the Module/Semester, students can elect to

  1. Withdraw (W) from their classes and receive a full refund of tuition*, or,

  2. Request to receive no credit or grade for the course, or,

  3. Request an Incomplete (IN) from their instructors and make arrangements to complete all required course assignments within a specified timeframe. (See Incomplete Policy in the University Catalog). The term shall count as a term in residence.

*If the students elect to take a W for the course, this may impact their Satisfactory Academic Progress in the future and should be discussed with their Academic Success Coordinator.

In the event that a military student’s absence will extend into multiple terms, the student will be granted a Military Leave of Absence while they are deployed. The Military Leave of Absence will expire six (6) months after the end of the deployment. Students on a Military Leave of Absence will be able to resume their education without the need of reapplying to Post University by contacting the Registrar’s Office.

Unofficial Withdrawal (No notice by student of intent to Officially Withdraw)
If a student stops attending/participating in class(es) and fails to notify the Registrar’s Office in writing that they are Officially Withdrawing from the University, they will be considered active and enrolled, and will receive earned grades for the course(s).

Academic Dismissal
The University maintains the right to dismiss students from an undergraduate or graduate program if they:
a) Fail to make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in accordance with the SAP policy.
b) Are conducting themselves in a manner prejudicial to the interests of the University or hostile to the welfare of students or faculty (in breach of the Civility Code);
c) Violate of the Academic Dishonesty Policy (see Academic Dishonesty Policy for details)
d) Are not suited to the program in which they are registered;

Readmission to the University
Students who have unpaid balances must resolve any outstanding issues prior to requesting readmission. Resumption of enrollment or readmission is at the discretion of the University and is subject to any conditions imposed by the University.

Readmission after Withdrawal
Students seeking readmission who have been inactive (not been enrolled in a course) for greater than one (1) year and Military students who have exceeded the 6-month grace period after an approved Military Leave must reapply to the University through Admissions and satisfy all current admission criteria for their program.

If a graduate student’s GPA is less than a 3.00 then the student must agree to an academic improvement plan satisfactory to the Program Director or Dean. Appeals of the Director’s decisions may be made to the Dean of the applicable School.

Readmission after Dismissal
Students who have been dismissed from the University for failing to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) may apply for readmission one year from the date of dismissal. Also see Section 10.7 Academic Progress Standards for the Dismissal Appeal Process.

  • Students seeking readmission in an undergraduate program must meet the current application requirements, provide all current documentation and deliver a letter requesting readmission providing details as to why the student will be successful if allowed to return to study.

  • Students seeking readmission to a graduate program of study will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Director of the program with an appeal to the Dean. Where no Director exists, the readmission decision rests with the Dean and may be appealed to the Provost.

Readmitted students may be asked to participate in an academic improvement plan as designed by the Director of the program or Dean of the School as part of the readmission process. The academic improvement plan will provide for conditional admission for the student’s next 2 modules or one semester. If the student violates the academic improvement plan, the student will be dismissed from the program of study with no appeal process.

Students who have been dismissed from the University for breach of the Civility Code or the Academic Dishonesty Policy are not welcome to apply for readmission to the University.


Are you or your spouse associated with the US military?

By clicking the button above, Post University has your consent to use automated technology to call, leave a voice message, text and email you at the information above, including your wireless number, regarding educational services. It is not a requirement to provide this consent to receive education services.

  • 1 Step 1 of 2
  • 2 Step 2 of 2

Your information is secure.
View our Privacy Policy.