The Center for Executive and Workforce Development (CEWD)
The Center for Executive and Workforce Development (CEWD) was created to meet the needs of our students and business partners by matching students with internships, real-world experiences, and potential employment opportunities and creating tailored training to meet workforce demands. CEWD is also central to the success of the other Malcolm Baldrige Centers of Excellence: Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation and The Institute of Women in Business.
To be the class leaders in offering Executive Development. The Center values practical learning, relevant to today’s market, and translatable in practice within a learner’s field.
The Center for Executive and Workforce Development exists to help our students and our business partners grow within their careers.
What We Do
CEWD connects students (including alumni), business partners, and faculty/associates with relevant learning and skill development opportunities.
Current and former students can benefit from the expertise of our industry contacts and faculty. Use the university’s long-standing relationships with businesses to gain skills and potential employment opportunities.
Business and Community Partners
The mission statement of The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business is “to create an educational environment where everyone has the chance to succeed, no matter who or where they are.” This statement not only applies to our students but to all who are seeking opportunities to enhance their business knowledge and skills. Our approach to our business and non-profit community partners includes a variety of ways to engage with us. Organizations can choose as many or as few of our services as they wish. Many small to medium-sized businesses find themselves in a position where growth is imminent, but additional resources are not. The services below, many complementary, can support your organization while providing future business professionals, our students, with invaluable real-world experience.
- Providing Interns with valuable work experience
- Sharing your job postings with our students
- Professional Development training from our faculty experts (see listing below under Workforce Development Courses *)
- Customized training at your request
- Delta Lab Membership – Project Based Learning (PBL) experiences for our graduate students, providing you services designed for solutions to many common business challenges.
I’m interested in more information on how to Partner with The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business.
* Fees may apply.
Faculty are often the ones who find opportunities for students and are not sure how and if they should pursue them. Has a company reached out to you? Do you have an idea or a request that would benefit your student?
Let CEWD know so we can work together to find the best solution to assist your student or business contact.
Our Workforce Development Courses
Utilizing adult learning theory, The Center for Executive and Workforce Development courses are offered in a non-traditional format. Rather than an 8-hour day-long seminar, the Center offers courses that run over several weeks, covering relevant topics and allowing for practice and reflection. This methodology provides a more meaningful experience and creates an environment where more learning takes place, and participants have the opportunity to apply what they are learning.
- PDB 205 How to Communicate with Credibility and Confidence
- Business Writing
- PDB 210 Delivering Effective Presentations
Women in Business
- PDB 305 Leadership Development for Women
- Developing a Credible Presence for Women
- Best Practices in Recruiting, Interviewing, and Selecting the Best Hires
- Using Data to Make Decisions and Drive Strategy
- PDB 425 How to Manage Time in the Middle of Chaos
- Grant Writing
- Fundraising Fundamentals
- PDB 450 Project Management for Non-Project Managers
- Strategic Planning
- PDB 400 Using MS Project
- PDB 420 Virtual Agile Teams
- PDB 422 Applying Risk Management
- DB 505 Advanced Communication for Leaders
- Emotional Intelligence
- Executive Leadership
- Leading Virtual Teams
- Management Skills for New Managers
- How to Get the Most from your Team
- Moving from HR Manager to a Strategic SMART HR Leader
- Transformational Leadership: Transforming your organization.
- Business Plans that Work.
- Customer Service Excellence
- Fundamentals of Data Analysis
- Fundamental Selling Techniques
- PDB 650 Fundamentals of Project Management
- Fundamentals of Purchasing
- PDB 655 GSA Proposal Success
- PDB 670 Applying for 8A Programs
Finance and Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Comprehensive Bookkeeping (Bookkeeping I and II)
- Non-profit Accounting Basics
- QuickBooks Online
- PDB 700 Tax Impact of Business Structure
- PDB 705 Understanding Shareholder Basis
- PDB 105 PMP Prep
- PDB 110 Agile Scrum
- PDB 180 AMA Certified Professional in Management Certification Boot Camp
For a detailed course description(s), including course outcomes, recommended learners, and educational Hours/CEUs, please email [email protected].
Improve your employees’ essential skills, otherwise known as “human skills” or “soft skills” with these “quick hit” short courses. Custom Bundles and bulk pricing are available.
For those interested in learning more about how we can customize these courses and others to the needs of your organization please fill out the form and someone will get back to you.
Find Your Program