Bachelor of Science in Finance
Choose a Career with Return on Your Investment
This program is offered on Campus and Online.
If you’re considering a career in finance, an education from Post University may be one of your most valuable investments. Our graduates have landed finance jobs in corporate finance, investment and wealth management, banking, personal finance, and international finance. Many have also pursued graduate education and professional study to become Certified Financial Planners (CFPs).
As a student in our finance degree program, you will develop your skills in analyzing financial situations, determining potential problems and arriving at profitable solutions. Through case studies, you will learn about the cultural, global and ethical environments in which businesses operate and gain vital foundational knowledge in:
- Financial Management
- Financial policy making
- Strategic financial planning
- Business fundamentals and ethics
Post University is one of fewer than 50 universities in the nation to offer academic courses that prepare students to sit for two separate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) exams: Series 6 and Series 7. We also offer a variety of concentration options to customize your education and put you on the path toward your desired financial career, without compromising your current job responsibilities.
Our flexible campus-based and online finance courses were designed for working professionals like you and our commitment, is to provide you with a personalized experience with academic and professional support at every stage of your educational experience.
Bachelor of Science in Finance
This program is offered on Main Campus and online.
Normal Time to Completion: 48 Months
Students in the Bachelor of Science in Finance program will develop the skills necessary to analyze financial situations, determine potential problems, and implement workable solutions. Through case studies, students will gain knowledge of the cultural, global, and ethical environments in which businesses operate. Students will also gain crucial foundational knowledge in the areas of mathematics and quantitative methods necessary to effectively analyze business and investment decisions. Graduates will be eligible to pursue careers in corporate finance, investment and portfolio management, wealth management, personal finance, consumer or commercial banking, public finance, investment banking, management consulting, and international finance. Graduates may go on to study finance at the graduate level. This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Financial Management – Students will develop theoretical and practical financial knowledge supported by the appropriate use of analytical and quantitative techniques to enable them to perform successfully in financeelated fields.
- Financial Policy Making – Students will evaluate market and organizational needs for developing, strengthening, and implementing corporate governance and dividend policy making practices.
- Strategic Financial Planning – Students will identify, synthesize and integrate relevant business, finance and regulatory concepts to assist in providing innovative solutions to complex strategic and organizational challenges.
- Business Ethics – Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors and standards to contemporary business situations.
- Communication – Students will communicate professionally using written and/or oral skills essential to success in the business environment.
- Fundamental Business Concepts- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the fundamental concepts of Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Economics in a business environment.
|96||B.S. IN FINANCE TOTAL CREDITS||120 crs||h|
|98||GENERAL EDUCATION||60 crs||h|
|99||COMMON CORE||12 crs||s|
|100||ENG110 College Writing||3 crs|
|101||ENG130 Literature and Composition||3 crs|
|102||COM107 Introduction to Communication||3 crs|
|103||CIS112 Introduction to Computing||3 crs|
|104||LIBERAL ARTS||21 crs||s|
|105||History Elective||3 crs|
The University reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The University will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Financial Services & Banking
Personal Financial Planning
Your search for finance programs is over, but your future is just beginning. Contact us to apply now and earn your finance degree at our Connecticut campus or online.
This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Get College Credits for Work and Life Experiences
Find out more about Post's Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Program.