Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Develop Your Mind with a Psychology Degree
This program is offered on Campus and Online.
When your friends need advice or a sympathetic ear, they turn to you. You’ve always had an interest and insight into human behavior. Learn more about yourself and how to help others with a psychology degree from Post University. In this program, you will gain a solid foundation in the fundamentals of psychology and explore various sub-fields to prepare for fulfilling psychology jobs, such as group home worker, case manager, mental health technician or paraprofessional. Many of our graduates go on to pursue their master’s degree at Post University to further advance their careers in counseling, research, education or business settings.
As a student in this program, you will develop strong academic and social skills, including critical thinking, collaboration, oral and written expression, interpersonal effectiveness, and social maturity. You will also learn to analytically review psychological literature and apply theory to practice by conducting your psychological research projects. Coursework emphasizes:
- Personality and psychopathology
- Child and adolescent development
- The relationship between the nervous system and behavior
- Societal and cultural influence on human interaction
- The relationship between psychology and the law
Our faculty of professionals brings years of experience in the psychology field into the classroom, giving you the edge of practical and applicable learning. By adding an internship to your academic experience, in a human services agency, school setting, or research university, you may gain valuable hands-on experience to better prepare for the real world.
At Post University, we go the extra mile to help our students succeed. We keep our class sizes small to allow for individualized attention from your instructors and assign you a personal academic advisor the moment you enroll. They will be there to support you every step of the way, whether you take our on-campus or online psychology courses.
|170||B.A. IN PSYCHOLOGY TOTAL CREDITS||120 crs||h|
|172||GENERAL EDUCATION||60 crs||h|
|173||COMMON CORE||12 crs||s|
|174||ENG110 College Writing||3 crs|
|175||ENG130 Literature and Composition||3 crs|
|176||COM107 Introduction to Communication||3 crs|
|177||CIS112 Introduction to Computing||3 crs|
|178||LIBERAL ARTS||24 crs||s|
|179||History Elective||3 crs|
The university reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The university will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
- Students will analyze major concepts, theories, and empirical findings in psychology in order to explain, and solve problems related to, human behavior and mental processes
- Students will apply scientific research methods in psychology including research design, data analysis, interpretation of results, and use of information technology
- Students will analyze how experiential and biological factors interact to shape mental processes and behavior
- Students will apply knowledge of ethical standards in evaluating psychological research and practice
- Students will analyze how diverse sociocultural experiences and perspectives influence behavior and mental processes
- Students will communicate key psychological concepts in oral and/or written formats
- Students will demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively with others
Human Development, Education, and Health
Prepare to pursue a career in the helping professions. This 12-credit-hour concentration includes courses on child development, adolescent development, educational psychology, and drugs and behavior.
Apply your knowledge of psychology to the business world. In this 12-credit-hour concentration, you will learn about the human personality, motivation and group dynamics and how these factors influence workplace interactions, leadership, and productivity.
Develop a better understanding of the human mind and help improve the human condition. Contact us to enroll in our Connecticut-based or online psychology degree program today.
Find Your Program
Get College Credits for Work and Life Experiences
Find out more about Post's Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Program.