Master of Science in Nursing – Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Specialization
Take Your Career to the Next Level with a Gerontology NP
People are living longer, healthier lives. An aging generation of healthy retirees needs primary care to stay fit and active, but there aren’t enough qualified healthcare providers to go around1. Step into the gap as a trained adult gerontology nurse practitioner. Earn your Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult Gerontology Primary Nurse Practitioner online from American Sentinel College.
This Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredited MSN-Adult Gerontology can be a healthy move for your patients and your career. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), nurse practitioners average over $115,000 annually. The BLS also projects demand for NPs to skyrocket 45 percent by 2029. That’s an increase of 117,000 new and open job opportunities.
If you have a BSN degree, one year work experience and are passionate about providing patient-focused care as a leader of the healthcare team, our Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner specialization may be for you.
The Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Program at a Glance
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredited
- 100% online—no mandatory login times
- No on campus visit required
- Clinicals are completed in your area
- Monthly start dates
- Up to 18 transfer credits
- Dedicated faculty and clinical coordinators
- Practice-focused curriculum developed with insights from leading healthcare organizations and industry partners
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt)
Your Online MSN Adult Gerontology NP Core Courses
- Advanced Role Development and Organizational Leadership
- Policy Advocacy and Healthcare Ethics
- Research Design
- Advanced Practice Nursing I & II
- Advanced Practice Nursing I & II Preceptorship Experience
- Complex Concepts of Aging
- Complex Concepts of Aging Preceptorship Experience
- Advanced Practice Nursing Integration
- Advanced Practice Nursing Integration Preceptorship Experience
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Diagnostic Reasoning
MSN, Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, our graduates assume critical roles as primary care providers. Program outcomes:
- Provide evidence-based, patient-centered care, which synthesizes the holistic nature of advanced practice nursing and diagnostic reasoning, to enhance patient, healthcare, and organizational outcomes critical to building quality and safe patient care capacity.
- Engage in leadership and scholarship activities that fosters collaboration and communication among interdisciplinary team members.
- Evaluate the impact between legal, social, political, economic, and ethical issues, and their influence on the provision and management of patient care services.
- Integrate clinical guidelines, research, clinical judgment, and interdisciplinary perspectives using translational processes to improve practice, health, and organizational outcomes.
- Incorporate information technology when interacting and collaborating with patient, families, and interdisciplinary team members for improved health care delivery processes and outcomes.
- Advocate for ethical and culturally sensitive policies that impact access, equity, quality, and cost.
- Employ knowledge of organizational practices and complex systems to enhance delivery and quality of healthcare services.
- Apply sound ethical solutions to complex issues concerning the care of individuals and populations, and systems of care.
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing and related sciences to provide patient-centered and evidence-based care while respecting diverse beliefs and attitudes, and by allowing the patient to be a full partner in the decision-making process.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and integrity by engaging in life-long learning and commitment to the discipline of advanced practice nursing.
State Authorization, Licensure, and Disclosure for this MSN Adult Gerontology
Post University reviews the relevant rules and regulations for each State before enrolling students in that State. Information regarding the authorization of American Sentinel College to enroll students in the Nurse Practitioner program for each state can be found on our State Authorization and Licensure page.
Start Your Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program Today!
Take your nursing career to the next level with an MSN from Post University. Let’s talk about what our MSN nurse practitioner specialization can do for you and your career. Contact us today.