Master of Science in Nursing – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Specialization
Advance Your Healthcare Career with a Psychiatric NP Program
This Master of Science in Nursing program is offered Online.
With the fading stigma surrounding mental health conditions and a number of psychiatrists nearing retirement age, the demand for qualified mental health professionals is on the rise.
You can help answer the mental health challenge crises in America and around the world. Earn your Master of Science in Nursing with an NP specialization in Psychiatric Mental Health from American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Post University.
If you have a BSN degree, one year work experience and are passionate about providing patient-focused care as a leader of the healthcare team, our PMHNP specialization may be for you.
The Psychiatric NP Degree Program at a Glance
- CCNE Accredited
- 100% online—no mandatory login times
- No on campus visit required
- Clinicals are completed in your area
- Monthly start dates
- Up to 18 transfer credits
- Dedicated faculty and clinical coordinators
- Practice-focused curriculum developed with insights from leading healthcare organizations and industry partners
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt)
Your Online Psychiatric NP Program Curriculum
- Advanced Role Development and Organizational Leadership
- Research Design
- Policy Advocacy and Healthcare Ethics
- Advanced Practice Psych Nursing I, II & III
- Advanced Practice Psych Nursing I, II & III Preceptorship
- Psychotropic Pharmacology
- Advanced Practice Psych Nursing Integration
- Psych Specialty for Advanced Practice
- Psych Specialty Preceptorship Experience
- Advanced Practice Psych Nursing Integration IV
- Advanced Practice Psych Nursing Integration IV Preceptorship Experience
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Diagnostic Reasoning
Graduates of our Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner specialization for the MSN program are well-prepared to assume critical roles as primary care providers. They are equipped to:
- Enhance patient, healthcare, and organizational outcomes critical to building quality and safe patient care capacity
- Engage in leadership and scholarship activities
- Evaluate the impact between legal, social, political, economic, and ethical issues, and their influence on the provision and management of patient care services
- Integrate clinical guidelines, research, clinical judgment, and interdisciplinary perspectives to improve practice, health, and organizational outcomes
- Advocate for ethical and culturally sensitive policies that impact access, equity, quality and cost
- Employ knowledge of organizational practices and complex systems to enhance delivery and quality of healthcare services
- Apply sound ethical solutions to complex issues concerning the care of individuals and populations, and systems of care
- Respect diverse beliefs and attitudes, while making patients full partners in the decision-making process
- Grow professionally and in integrity by engaging in life-long learning and committing to the discipline of advanced practice nursing
State Authorization, Licensure, and Disclosure for this PMHNP Program
Post University reviews the relevant rules and regulations for each State before enrolling students in that State. Information regarding the authorization of American Sentinel College to enroll students in the Nurse Practitioner program for each state can be found on our State Authorization and Licensure page.
Start Your Psychiatric NP Program Today!
Take your nursing career to the next level with an MSN from Post University. Let’s talk about what our MSN nurse practitioner degree can do for you and your career. Contact us today.