Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner Specialization
Advance Your Nursing Career with an MSN FNP Program
This Master of Science in Nursing program is offered Online.
Healthcare has been going through a shift in recent years. Simply put, there are fewer primary care providers available today to meet the needs of a growing and aging population1. You can make a difference. Take the next step in your patient-focused career by taking the next step in your education. Earn your Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner online with American Sentinel College.
Our Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredited FNP program is a healthy move for your career as well as your patients. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there will more than 117,000 new and open job opportunities for nurse practitioners across the country. With an average annual salary above $115,000, in addition to job stability, becoming an NP can also be lucrative—especially for those NPs within a specialty area, such as a family nurse practitioner.
If you have a BSN degree, one year work experience and are passionate about providing patient-focused care as a leader of the healthcare team, our Family Nurse Practitioner specialization may be for you.
The Family Nurse Practitioner Program at a Glance
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredited
- 100% online—no mandatory login times
- No on campus visit required
- Clinicals are completed in your area
- Monthly start dates
- Up to 18 transfer credits
- Dedicated faculty and clinical coordinators
- Practice-focused curriculum developed with insights from leading healthcare organizations and industry partners
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt)
Your Online MSN FNP Program Core Curriculum
- Advanced Role Development and Organizational Leadership
- Policy Advocacy and Healthcare Ethics
- Research Design
- Advanced Practice Nursing I & II
- Advanced Practice Nursing I & II Preceptorship Experience
- Maternal and Child Care
- Maternal and Child Care Preceptorship Experience
- Advanced Practice Nursing Integration
- Advanced Practice Nursing Integration Preceptorship Experience
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Diagnostic Reasoning
- Provide evidence-based, patient-centered care, which synthesizes the holistic nature of advanced practice nursing and diagnostic reasoning, to enhance patient, healthcare, and organizational outcomes critical to building quality and safe patient care capacity.
- Engage in leadership and scholarship activities that fosters collaboration and communication among interdisciplinary team members.
- Evaluate the impact between legal, social, political, economic, and ethical issues, and their influence on the provision and management of patient care services.
- Integrate clinical guidelines, research, clinical judgment, and interdisciplinary perspectives using translational processes to improve practice, health, and organizational outcomes.
- Incorporate information technology when interacting and collaborating with patient, families, and interdisciplinary team members for improved health care delivery processes and outcomes.
- Advocate for ethical and culturally sensitive policies that impact access, equity, quality, and cost.
- Employ knowledge of organizational practices and complex systems to enhance delivery and quality of healthcare services.
- Apply sound ethical solutions to complex issues concerning the care of individuals and populations, and systems of care.
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing and related sciences to provide patient-centered and evidence-based care while respecting diverse beliefs and attitudes, and by allowing the patient to be a full partner in the decision-making process.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and integrity by engaging in life-long learning and commitment to the discipline of advanced practice nursing.
State Authorization, Licensure, and Disclosure for this MSN FNP Program
Post University reviews the relevant rules and regulations for each State before enrolling students in that State. Information regarding the authorization of American Sentinel College to enroll students in the Nurse Practitioner program for each state can be found on our State Authorization and Licensure page.
Start Your FNP Program Today!
At Post University, we’re with you every step of the way, even online. Let’s talk about what our MSN nurse practitioner specialization can do for you and your career. Contact us today.