Associate of Science in Legal Studies
Assist Legal Teams with a Legal Studies Degree
This program is offered on Campus and Online.
If you would like to help others navigate the law and solve their legal problems, then enroll in the legal studies program at Post University. Our skills-based program provides a career-focused pathway to legal studies jobs in a range of law firms, corporate legal departments, the court system and government agencies. Upon completion of your studies, you will possess a comprehensive understanding of various specialized areas of the law, which you can apply to entry-level legal positions. Many of our graduates go on to pursue their bachelor’s degree at Post University to further advance their careers.
In our associate legal studies degree program, you will acquire specific legal knowledge in the context of ethical practice. You will develop practical skills in legal research, civil litigation, real estate closings, estate administration and probate practice, family law practice, and bankruptcy practice. Through job-oriented coursework, you will:
- Attain a professional level of organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the team concept for the delivery of legal services
- Develop skills in the use of technology in the delivery of legal services
- Demonstrate ethical awareness and understand the concept of integrity
At Post University, we will do everything we can to help you reach your goals. From the moment you enroll, you will receive one-on-one support from a dedicated academic advisor. Plus, you will learn from top attorney-practitioners, who bring valuable insights and years of legal experience into the classroom. With their professional guidance, you can be better prepared for the real world upon graduation.
|51||A.S. IN LEGAL STUDIES TOTAL CREDITS||60-63 crs||h|
|53||GENERAL EDUCATION||24 crs||h|
|54||COMMON CORE||12 crs||s|
|55||ENG110 College Writing||3 crs|
|56||ENG130 Literature and Composition||3 crs|
|57||COM107 Introduction to Communication||3 crs|
|58||CIS112 Introduction to Computing||3 crs|
|59||LIBERAL ARTS||6 crs||s|
|60||100-200 Level Humanities Elective||3 crs|
The university reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The university will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
- Students will attain a professional level of organizational skills including thinking, planning, and execution skills.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the team concept for the delivery of legal services.
- Students will attain a professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate skills in the use of technology in the delivery of legal services.
- Students will demonstrate ethical awareness and understand the concept of integrity.
- Students will demonstrate a comprehensive, practical understanding of subject specific skills-based areas of practical legal work.
- Students will acquire knowledge of career opportunities in law firms, corporate legal departments, government, and non-profit settings.
- Students will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of various specialized areas of the Law.
The verdict is in: Post University is your first step to an exciting and challenging legal career. Contact us to enroll in our Waterbury, Connecticut-based or online legal studies degree program today.
Find Your Program
Get College Credits for Work and Life Experiences
Find out more about Post's Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Program.