Associate of Science in Criminal Justice
Pledge to Advance Your Career
This program is offered on Campus and Online.
You are determined to keep the public safe and vow always to uphold the integrity of the law. Now make that commitment a career with a criminal justice degree from Post University. This could be your first step toward a rewarding and demanding position in federal, state or local law enforcement; counseling; case management; or other criminal justice jobs. With the foundational knowledge, you will build in our program; you can be prepared to enter or advance in the field or pursue your bachelor’s degree. Many of our graduates continue to graduate or law school to further enhance their experience and skills.
As a student in this program, offered both online and at our Connecticut campus, you will develop skills in report writing, fingerprinting, ballistic examination and crime scene documentation. You will also gain wellounded knowledge in the areas of law enforcement, forensic science, corporate security, criminal investigation, crime and punishment, and department of corrections as you study:
- The structure of the American criminal justice system
- The U.S. Constitution (Bill of Rights) provisions and how they apply to criminal laws and procedures
- Effective communication on a college level to write and articulate criminal justice principles
- Principles and procedures as they relate to your ethical and professional responsibility
Though internships are not required, you may find opportunities with the FBI, local and municipal police departments, forensic labs, courthouses, and nonprofits that serve as diversionary programs through court support services. We keep our class sizes small to encourage active participation in discussions and to provide more one-on-one support from our professional faculty. They bring years of practical criminal justice expertise into the classroom and will help you gain real-world experience through off-site learning opportunities.
|1||GRAND TOTAL||60 crs||h|
|3||GENERAL EDUCATION||24 crs||h|
|5||COMMON CORE||12 crs||s|
|6||ENG110 College Writing||3 crs|
|7||ENG130 Literature and Composition||3 crs|
|8||COM107 Introduction to Communication||3 crs|
|9||CIS112 Introduction to Computing||3 crs|
The university reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The university will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
- Post University’s A.S. in Criminal Justice degree program prepares students to become successful professionals in the field of criminal justice.
- Students who attain a A.S. in Criminal Justice from Post University can expect to have achieved the outcomes listed below.
- Student will define and describe the structure of the American Criminal Justice System.
- Students will list and describe U.S. Constitution (Bill of Rights) provisions and how they apply to criminal laws and procedures.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication on a college level to write and articulate criminal justice principles.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of crime and punishment.
- Students will identify principles and procedures as they relate to their ethical and professional responsibility.
This is just one of the ways Post University makes your education personal. We also offer academic advising from a personal staff member from the moment you enroll.
Solidify your dedication to your community and our country. Contact us to enroll in our Waterbury, Connecticut-based or online criminal justice degree program today.
Find Your Program
Get College Credits for Work and Life Experiences
Find out more about Post's Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Program.