Doctor of Nursing Practice – Educational Leadership Specialization
Take Charge of Your Career with a DNP Nursing Education Degree
American Sentinel is proud to now be a part of Post University!
This doctoral program is offered online.
Advance your nursing education leadership career with a practice-based, leadership-focused program that prepares faculty, program directors and deans to lead nursing education programs. Become the healthcare leader you were always meant to be with the online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Educational Leadership from American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University.
As one of the few online DNP programs to feature a specialization in nursing education, this DNP – Educational Leadership Specialization is an investment in yourself so you can invest more of yourself in others.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at a Glance
- Designed to be completed in 28 months
- Programmatically accredited by ACEN
- 100% online coursework
- Bi-monthly start dates
- No residency
- Practice-focused curriculum
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt*)
As you earn your Doctor of Nursing education, you’ll gain a foundation of insights and practical skills necessary to:
- Appraise the needs of complex organizations as they go through strategic decision making and change implementation.
- Critique roles of leaders and collaborators in planning, providing, and evaluating health care.
- Generate strategic plans for organizational change by utilizing theoretical knowledge, meaningful, data and evidence-based practice to while being culturally and ethnically sensitive.
- Evaluate curricula in order to meet the needs of communities of interest.
- Explain how technology and simulation can be effectively integrated into a nursing curriculum at all levels.
- Propose how technology and simulation can be effectively integrated into nursing education.
- Plan for use of economic and human resources to maximize the potential of a program or school.
- Create an assessment plan for a nursing program that provides direction for program improvement as well as meets state and accreditation requirement.
Overall, you’ll cover a wide range of issues that impact nursing and healthcare. You’ll also comprehensively review the issues that challenge educating others in these areas. And you’ll be well equipped to train nursing professionals as well as lead relevant academic organizations and efforts.
Visit the University Catalog >> for Curriculum, Course Descriptions, and Program Outcomes.
Additional Doctoral Program Considerations:
If the master’s degree is in a discipline other than nursing, applicant may be considered for entrance into the DNP executive leadership or the DNP informatics leadership specialization using one of two options, both of which require completion of 400 hours of post-baccalaureate practice hours in addition to the 600 practice hours required to complete the DNP degree, see full policy on the Nursing Admissions Requirements.
Start Your Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Today!
At Post University, we are focused on your success, in and out of the classroom.
A Student Success Advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your questions and help you address any challenges throughout your DNP journey. We are here to help you achieve your DNP – Educational Leadership career goals.
Make the nursing world a better, healthier place and move forward in your career. Learn more by contacting us today. Let’s explore what it takes to be successful in our online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program.
*DEBT FREE: Based on 2021 data 73.7% of American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University students graduate debt free. This figure includes graduates paying out of pocket and those receiving tuition reimbursement, scholarships, grants, or other third-party benefits which covered their tuition and fees. The University also offers payment plans financed over four- or nine-month increments depending on program of study that could allow a participant to graduate debt free.