Doctor of Nursing Practice – Executive Leadership Specialization
Move Up the Healthcare Ranks with an Online DNP Leadership Program
American Sentinel is proud to now be a part of Post University!
This doctoral program is offered online.
Your nursing education and experience have taken your career far—but you’re ready for more. You’re ready for greater responsibilities. You’re ready to effect real change to provide the best patient care possible across units, departments, and entire healthcare systems. In short, you’re ready for the online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Executive Leadership from American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University.
Our DNP – Executive Leadership Specialization is ideal for executives and managers who currently hold or intend to pursue executive leadership positions in healthcare organizations during their careers. This executive leadership specialization for our online DNP leadership program was built to help master’s-educated nurses understand and prepare for those critical areas, issues, and challenges executive healthcare leaders must overcome in order to keep operations running smoothly to benefit the patients and staff in their care.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at a Glance
- Designed to be completed in 28 months
- Programmatically accredited by ACEN
- 100% online coursework
- Bi-monthly start dates
- No residency
- Practice-focused curriculum
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt*)
As you earn your Doctor of Nursing Practice with a focus on Executive Leadership, you’ll learn how to:
- Appraise the needs of complex organizations as they go through strategic decision making and change implementation.
- Critique roles of leaders and collaborators in planning, providing, and evaluating healthcare.
- Generate strategic plans for organizational change by utilizing theoretical knowledge, meaningful data, and evidence-based practice while being culturally and ethnically sensitive.
- Summarize meaningful data that informs leadership using information technology.
- Design health policy that considers environmental social justice, consumer and other issues.
- Create new models to explain, predict, and improve the performance of organizations.
- Explain the role of healthcare finance in the health of an organization.
Visit the University Catalog >> for Curriculum, Course Descriptions, and Program Outcomes.
Additional Doctoral Program Considerations:
If the master’s degree is in a discipline other than nursing, applicant may be considered for entrance into the DNP executive leadership or the DNP informatics leadership specialization using one of two options, both of which require completion of 400 hours of post-baccalaureate practice hours in addition to the 600 practice hours required to complete the DNP degree, see full policy on the Nursing Admissions Requirements.
Start Your Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Today!
At Post University, we are focused on your success, in and out of the classroom. A Student Success Advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your questions and help you address any challenges throughout your DNP journey. We are here to help you achieve your DNP – Executive Leadership career goals.
Make the healthcare industry a better, healthier place and move forward in your leadership career. Contact us today to enroll in our online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program.
*DEBT FREE: Based on 2021 data 73.7% of American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University students graduate debt free. This figure includes graduates paying out of pocket and those receiving tuition reimbursement, scholarships, grants, or other third-party benefits which covered their tuition and fees. The University also offers payment plans financed over four- or nine-month increments depending on program of study that could allow a participant to graduate debt free.