Master of Science in Nursing – Nursing Informatics Specialization
Take Your Career to a Tech Level with a Nursing Informatics Specialization
This Master of Science in Nursing Program is offered Online.
Information processing, data integration, analytics, systems, and more—if you love technology as much as you love nursing, you may want to transition your career into a direction where technology merges with best practices in patient care: Nursing Informatics.
Learn what it takes to use healthcare data to improve patient outcomes and reduce risk, while giving your career a data-driven boost. Earn your Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nursing Informatics from American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Science at Post University.
The Nursing Informatics Specialization at a Glance
- Designed to be completed in less than 24 months
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) programmatically accredited
- Two online learning paths—earn your degree on your terms
- 100% online coursework—no mandatory login times
- Monthly start dates
- Practice-focused curriculum
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt*)
We prepare graduates of this nursing informatics specialization to:
- Leverage informatics in health care settings to improve patient outcomes.
- Evaluate applications that acquire, process and report clinical and financial information to enhance patient care.
- Demonstrate data management skills that target opportunities to improve patient safety.
- Develop a detailed project management plan for evaluating, contracting and implementing new technologies to improve health outcomes and reduce risk.
- Integrate roles as leaders and collaborators in various healthcare settings.
- Use theoretical knowledge to guide advanced nursing practice.
- Analyze models that expand the role of nurses in a global society.
- Evaluate legislation, policies, and economics as applied to the current healthcare environment.
- Appraise research to enhance professional nursing practice
Download your guide to learn everything you need to know about earning a Master of Science in Nursing online.
Take classes in a traditional term-based format with 8-week classes or through a self-paced format (during the 16-week semester) called Powered by SIMPath®. Both options’ coursework is 100% online with monthly start dates.
Watch our video to learn about our two MSN path options.
Start Your Nursing Informatics Specialization Today!
Contact us today. Let’s talk about what an online MSN in Nursing Informatics specialization can do for you and your career.
*DEBT FREE: Based on 2021 data 73.7% of American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University students graduate debt free. This figure includes graduates paying out of pocket and those receiving tuition reimbursement, scholarships, grants, or other third-party benefits which covered their tuition and fees. The University also offers payment plans financed over four- or nine-month increments depending on program of study that could allow a participant to graduate debt free.