Master of Science in Nursing – Nursing Informatics Specialization
Take Your Career to a Tech Level with a Nursing Informatics Specialization
This Master of Science in Nursing Program is offered Online.
Information processing, data integration, analytics, systems, and more—if you love technology as much as you love nursing, you may want to transition your career into a direction where technology merges with best practices in patient care: Nursing Informatics.
Learn what it takes to use healthcare data to improve patient outcomes and reduce risk, while giving your career a data-driven boost. Earn your Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nursing Informatics program from American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Science at Post University.
The Nursing Informatics Program at a Glance
- Designed to be completed in less than 24 months
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Accredited
- Two online learning paths—earn your degree on your terms
- 100% online—no mandatory login times
- Monthly start dates
- Practice-focused curriculum developed with insights from leading healthcare organizations and industry partners
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt)
We prepare graduates of this nursing informatics program to:
- Leverage informatics in health care settings to improve patient outcomes.
- Evaluate applications that acquire, process and report clinical and financial information to enhance patient care.
- Demonstrate data management skills that target opportunities to improve patient safety.
- Develop a detailed project management plan for evaluating, contracting and implementing new technologies to improve health outcomes and reduce risk.
- Integrate roles as leaders and collaborators in various healthcare settings.
- Use theoretical knowledge to guide advanced nursing practice.
- Analyze models that expand the role of nurses in a global society.
- Evaluate legislation, policies, and economics as applied to the current healthcare environment.
- Appraise research to enhance professional nursing practice
Your Online MSN Nursing Education Curriculum:
- MSN Role Development
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Theoretical Foundations
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Research Design
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Clinical and Administrative Systems
- Health Care Informatics
- Healthcare Data Analytics
- Healthcare Project Management
- Information Security and Privacy in Healthcare Environments
- MSN Capstone