Doctor of Nursing Practice – Informatics Leadership Specialization
Pursue Healthcare IT Leadership Roles with this DNP Program
This doctoral program is offered online.
You’ve been a critical part of healthcare and medical teams throughout your career. You have a heart for helping others heal, overcome illness and injury, and live better lives. You also understand and appreciate the high-tech, data-centric nature of the medical world you’ve made your career home. Now, you’re ready to take the next step and improve your leadership potential within the growing sector of healthcare data analysis. Lead your organization’s healthcare informatics efforts with an online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Informatics Leadership from American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences at Post University.
Our DNP – Informatics Leadership program is an investment in your career and in the success of your organization’s technology initiatives. Leverage the skills you gain in this online nursing informatics program to optimize health IT use, improve healthcare system technologies, and better understand its impact on patients. Programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), this is one of the few online DNP, nursing informatics programs to emphasize critical thinking, management, and leadership skills. This is the education you need to explore executive-level tech career opportunities throughout healthcare, from clinical health IT advisor to Chief Nursing Informatics Officer.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at a Glance
- Designed to be completed in 28 months or less
- ACEN Accredited
- 100% online—no mandatory login times
- Bi-monthly start dates
- No residency
- Practice-focused curriculum developed with insights from leading healthcare organizations and industry partners
- Affordable tuition costs and payment options (majority of our nursing students graduate with little to no debt)
DNP Program Curriculum
- Leadership: Setting the Example
- Perspectives on Nursing Informatics
- Health Services Research
- Application of Nursing Informatics in Clinical Practice
- Health Statistics
- Advanced Statistics
- Application of Nursing Informatics in Administration, Leadership, and Management
- Application of Nursing Informatics in Data Management & Analytics
- Application of Nursing Informatics in the Management of Population Health and Public Health Policies
- Strategic Leadership and Planning
As you complete this online nursing informatics program, you’ll have the practical skills needed to:
- Appraise the needs of complex organizations as they go through strategic decision making and change implementation.
- Critique roles of leaders and collaborators in planning, providing, and evaluating healthcare.
- Generate strategic plans for organizational change by utilizing theoretical knowledge, meaningful data, and evidence-based practice while being culturally and ethnically sensitive
- Leverage informatics with your clinical knowledge to positively impact systems management and patient outcomes, and
- The ability to lead information systems into health care systems and clinical settings while working with leadership peers in various departments
Start Your Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Today!
At Post University, we are focused on your success, in and out of the classroom. A Student Success Advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your questions and help you overcome any challenges throughout your DNP journey. We are here to help you achieve your DNP – Informatics Leadership career goals.
Are you ready to make the healthcare industry a better, healthier place and move forward in your informatics leadership career? Let’s talk. Contact us today to enroll in our 100 percent online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program.